3.17.2006

Celebrating it Irish style @ the library

The Conspiracy Theorist is hanging around my desk waiting for a computer, so I try to be friendly and strike up a conversation.

Me: What are you going to do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

CT: I'm not. I'm Irish.

"...Irish don't wear wear green. They wear white. That's the color St. Patrick wore when he came to Ireland from Scotland and saw the Lochness monster.

"So Irish people don't wear green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

"If you are Irish, you wear white, drink beer, or be yourself.

He continued to wait for a computer and after a few minutes, someone left. He tried to log on, but it was already reserved. I said, "CT, that's why I told you to make a reservation. You need to go make one now."

He was not interested. "I'm going to wait. That's what an Irish does."

Comments:
I love how you decided to strike up a conversation. I would do that too, just hoping for something to blog!
 
Gee, I thought that the Irish went to Mass and had dinner with family for St. Pat's day.
And I didn't know St. Patrick was in Scotland.
You learn something new all the time. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?