6.24.2004

The ignorance is suffocating me. I was just asked a series of questions by the same couple that defies description.

"Can you email from these computers?"
"yes."
"how to we do that?"
"you have to have an email account."
"What's that? Is it free?"
"That depends. Something like Hotmail would be free."
"Oh that's what so-and-so has. We can do that at home."

And then:
"If I want to search for something like HIV/AIDS cure, do I just type it here?" [pointing to address bar]
"No, you have to go to a website that is a search engine, like Google."
"What's that?"
"Type in www.google.com in the white box there."
"How do you spell that?"
"G-O-O-G-L-E. Now type in what you want to search for."
"What's this page? We don't have to do this at home."
"That's because you have a different home page on your computer at home."
"Oh."

I seriously doubt that last "oh" meant "I understand" but I had elaborated enough. The thick white mucus in the corners of the man's mouth was about to make me gag.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?